Thursday, July 24, 2008

Here I Am, my introduction.

Well, I've decided to break into the blogging business. Haha. I was inspired to create this blog as a tribute to my favorite team, the Boston Red Sox, because I wanted to be the first Red Sox blogger to get linked on Rob Neyer's blog on ESPN.com.

I know, that is lame, what can I say.

I don't plan to make a job from this, nor am I going to try and be a blog that "breaks news" as some blogs do out there. I just hope to consistently talk about the Red Sox and everything about them.

I have seemed to jump on board the blogging express at a busy time of year for the Red Sox and baseball. The Sox are in the midst of a 3-way dogfight for the AL East Title trapped between the 1st-place (yes, no kidding) Rays and the 3rd-place Yanks while topping the AL Wild Card standings.

A little about myself. I am a 36 year-old, married (sorry, ladies), father of two young children.

(Yes, I am molding them into Red Sox fans, Haha. My 3 year-old son can already recite most of the players on the team, as well as belt out the Star Spangled Banner, Take Me Out to the Ballgame, and God Bless America since he was about 2 years-old or so. Okay, back on topic.)

Like I said, I am 36, married with children, and a life long Red Sox fan. I currently employed in the financial industry and as the title of my blog page says, work part time as a food vendor at Fenway. My earliest memories of the Sox, are the days of Fred Lynn roaming center-field. He is my all-time Red Sox favorite, and I remember being disappointed when he left for the Angels. Damn that front office. Haha.

I don't really remember the Bucky Dent homer too well, as I was still young and in school probably at that time. However, I remember Buckner's miscue like everyone else. I remember watching Brunansky fall out of view to make that clinching catch on my TV in college. Clemens getting tossed in the Oakland playoff series. Yada, yada, yada.

An interesting note for me, my son born in September of 2004 and the Sox went on to win the first World Series of many people's lifetime. I followed that up with having my daughter born in October of 2007, and then we get the 2nd World Series title. So, I will be sure to keep all up to date on the next child, as that will lead into the next World Series title. Sorry to say, there is nothing in the oven now.

No comments: